After the overwhelming whiteness of the books I read in 2015, one of the reading challenges I set myself was to read more authors of color. I set myself the embarrassingly modest goal 20% of the titles I read being written by authors of color.
Books read for this challenge, by author. Links are to my reviews (when available).
- We Should All Be Feminists by Chimimanda Ngozi Adichie
- Radio Silence by Alyssa Cole
- Parable of the Sower by Octavia E. Butler
- The House on Mango Street by Sandra Cisneros
- Like Water for Chocolate by Laura Esquivel
- Bad Feminist by Roxane Gay
- The Buried Giant by Kazuo Ishiguro
- The Countess Conspiracy by Courtney Milan
- The Governess Affair by Courtney Milan
- The Heiress Effect by Courtney Milan
- A Kiss for Midwinter by Courtney Milan
- The Suffragette Scandal by Courtney Milan
- Talk Sweely to Me by Courtney Milan
- A Little Life by Hanya Yanagihara