Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Check it out!
This week is a freebie, so to make up for the fact that my list last week of my top releases of 2016 was such a pathetic affair, I’m going to go with my top reads of 2016. In no particular order, and without comment because I’m short on time…
- Shrill: Women Are Funny, It’s Okay to Be Fat, and Feminists by Lindy West
- Poison or Protect by Gail Carriger
- Saga, Volume 5 by Brian K. Vaughan and Fiona Staples
- The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller
- My Brilliant Friend by Elena Ferrante*
- Sex Criminals, Volume 2 by Matt Fraction and Chip Zdarsky
- All the Birds in the Sky by Charlie Jane Anders
- The Countess Conspiracy by Courtney Milan
- Parable of the Sower by Octavia Butler
- One Summer: America, 1927 by Bill Bryson
*I could have filled four slots with the other three books in Ferrante’s Neapolitan novels, but that didn’t seem fair to some of the other books.