Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Check it out!
This week’s theme? “Ten Characters Everyone Loves But I Just Don’t Get.” I struggled with this one, so I’m going to cap my list at 5.
5. Jacob Black, The Twilight Saga by Stephenie Meyer. Because he’s every “nice guy” whining about the “friend zone” who won’t take no for an answer.
4. Gale Hawthorne, The Hunger Games series by Suzanne Collins. I never understood why anyone would be Team Gale. Even before Mockingjay, all I really got from Gale was hot and dumb. This may be partly Liam Hemsworth’s fault.
3. Mark Watney, The Martian by Andy Weir. So.. dad jokes and science? That’s all there is to your beloved character? *shrugs*
2. Anne Edwards, The Sparrow by Maria Doria Russell. If the author could stop trying to shove down my throat how funny and sassy and delightful and special and perfect this character I was, I might not have wanted to throttle her whenever she showed up in the story.
1. Jon Snow, A Song of Ice and Fire by George R.R. Martin. I have never understood the love for Jon Snow. I always wanted to take a big old nap whenever a Jon chapter comes around. Can readers be that desperate for a hero in these books?